Sunday, August 28, 2011

This baby comes with a remodel

Did you know that new babies require new paint in the walls and new carpet on the floors? I did not know this until Amber got pregnant. My wife, my mom and my mother-in-law all assured me that the baby's room must be remodeled.

The 70s era shag green carpet, peeling paint and general ugliness wasn't good enough for the future President of these United States. Also the broken handle, shaky toilet and mold covered tile meant that the bathroom had to be redone too. And since we were doing the carpet in the babies room we might as well do the carpet in the other two bedrooms and lay down new floors in the rest of the house.

I told my wife today that before we put down the carpet in the other two bedrooms we might as well repaint the walls and the ceilings as needed. And we need to replace those ceiling fans.

And, you know, curtains, wall plugs, light switches and other odds and ends could use a refresh.

You know what the sad part is? 40 years from now when my baby is running for President of these United States the media will say he lived in a "humble" middle class home. It's a lot of work to bring a house up to "humble."